Monday 24 March 2014

My Little Pony makes it to Freeview – today!

Pop channel logo
Fittingly, we'll hear "Becoming Popular" on Friday
Something I've been hoping to see for a long, long time is the appearance of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic on free-to-air terrestrial TV in the UK. And now the day has come! The Pop channel (Freeview 75) will start showing Season 2 later today, and will continue broadcasting two S2 episodes a day for the rest of the week. They'll go out at 11.30 am and 2.30 pm, and the synopses on Pop's website suggest they'll be showing the episodes in order, so we'll be up to "Secret of My Excess" by Friday afternoon.

There'll also be an extra showing of both parts of "The Return of Harmony" on Saturday morning from 10.30 am. I have no idea what will happen in the future, since I don't know how much of the show Pop has acquired the rights to. But as well as the wonders of Discord's first appearance, we're going to be getting the likes of "Lesson Zero", "Luna Eclipsed", "May the Best Pet Win!" and "Sweet and Elite" this week; let's not look a gift horse in the mouth. This development is undeniably good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment