Saturday 20 December 2014

New story by me: The Light that Ignites in the Dark

Cover image for The Light that Ignites in the Dark
These two really do not have enough screen time together
It's about time I standardised things a bit, so: from now on, throughout this blog, story titles will be in italics, while chapter titles will be "in quotes". What the heck I'll do about anthologies with multi-chapter sub-stories I have no idea. Anyway, here's a new story I wrote. This was done for a contest for heart-warming fics in the group excitedly titled "The MLP Fan Club!!!!" over on Fimfiction. Despite its title, it owes nothing to Equestria Girls beyond some light influence from Rainbow Rocks' "Shine Like Rainbows" song.

The Light that Ignites in the Dark by Loganberry
Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Mane Six and Spike
Slice of Life; 3K words; Dec 2014; Everyone
Rainbow Dash and Rarity have a chalk-and-cheese relationship at the best of times, but when Dash makes a mess of a special effect for a fashion show in front of some of Canterlot's most influential ponies, the unicorn is furious. Embarrassed and miserable, Rainbow believes she deserves to be alone for a while. Her friends may have other ideas.

2 comments:

  1. I've added the story to my "Read Later" section, and I've also made sure to download a copy just now to put onto the ol' Nook reader in a bit. And I'll make very sure to leave some feedback over on FimFiction in the next few days! :) In the meantime though, I see tomorrow is the deadline for entries and presumably they'll choose a winner around the 25th. So I hope it does really well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankee kindly, good sir! When you have the time, I hope you enjoy it. :)

      Delete