Thursday 6 August 2015

My Little Collection exhibition

Plenty of you over there in Americaland will be off to BronyCon this weekend. I still have to wait more than two months for my own pony convention fix, but a week or so ago I did have a rather nice day out with a friend. We went to the My Little Collection exhibition at Dudley Museum and Art Gallery. This is a massive collection of pony stuff (well over 2,000 ponies) that's all the property of one ultra-dedicated collector... who, rather handily, just happens to work for the local museums service herself!

No photos of my own (galleries don't tend to like it), but there are quite a few on the official Facebook account. As you can see, most of the displays are of old-gen things, about which I'm not all that knowledgeable. (I did, however, manage to correctly identify both the original My Pretty Pony toys, as well as a set of the Europe-only My Little Pony Tales ponies on roller-skates.) There is plenty of G4 in there – how does a complete set of Build-a-Bear plushies and a complete set of Funko vinyls sound? – it's just overwhelmed by the older stuff!

If you live within reach of Dudley, I do recommend a visit between now and the exhibition closing at the end of October. Admission is free, and it's open from 10am to 4pm, Monday to Saturday. (Closed August Bank Holiday.) It's not an all-day thing, but spending an hour in there isn't at all difficult. I know, because we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment