Sunday 10 July 2016

Pony Music Library 17: "I'll Fly Higher (Scootaloo's Theme)"

Hmm, looks like I haven't posted anything on this blog for a few days – so why don't we have a Pony Music Library entry to break the monotony?


What? "I'll Fly Higher (Scootaloo's Theme)"

Who? Acoustic Brony & MandoPony

Which? Original song

When? December 2011

Why? This is really, really old, but it's been one of my favourite songs since my earliest days in the fandom. Made long before we had the drama of episodes like "Sleepless in Ponyville" and "Flight to the Finish", this was what first made Scootaloo one of my favourite ponies. It's maybe a tad overlong, something common to a lot of similar ballads, but it's uplifting and inspiring all the same. I heard a memorable acoustic performance of this song at Manchester's Bridgewater Hall during BUCK 2013's Lunar Eclipse concert, but this is the studio track. A remastered version appeared in late 2012, but I actually prefer the slightly softer style of the original release, so that's what I'm featuring here.

No comments:

Post a Comment