Saturday 15 October 2016

Pony Music Library 28: "The Way She Flies"

With only a week left before the convention, things are starting to get busier, and it's going to be all I can do even to keep up with the weekly features for a while. With that in mind, I thought it was about time I added another entry to the PML. Luckily, I had this one ready to go.


What? "The Way She Flies"

Who? Phileo

Which? Original song

When? April 2013

Why? Because it's time for some good old guitar rock, and Rainbow Dash is the obvious pony to provide it. Phileo's style fits her wonderfully well, and the first minute or so is an irresistible build-up to a fabulous chorus. It's loud without being distorted, energetic without being overdone – and just all-round Rainbow Dash. Also, it samples the "Louder! Yay" scene, so I could hardly ignore it for this blog! The one brief real-world reference is a bit of a shame, but it doesn't detract from the effectiveness of the song as a whole. Note that the original version of the video had a one-minute intro, partly spent advertising past conventions, which I don't think does anything for the song. If you really want that, here it is.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, another I've never heard before. Will give it a listen when I'm back home later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a shame that Phileo never published a second song. I really like this one.

    ReplyDelete