Tuesday 29 August 2017

UK PonyCon SOLD OUT, meal tickets available

UK PonyCon 2017 is now completely sold out. That's the third year running that the convention has managed a full house, so congratulations to everyone who's worked so hard to get to this point. With 800 of us due to descend on Bristol this time, I'm really looking forward to 21st October!

Another bit of news: you can now buy tickets for the yearly institution that is the UK PonyCon dinner. This is separately ticketed from the main convention, though you must have a con ticket to be eligible. As there are no suitable restaurants near the venue, the committee have arranged for coach travel to and from Frankie & Benny's a mile or so away; it's along a busy dual carriageway, so I think that's a reasonable approach.

The dinner costs £20 and includes a set menu (any two courses from starter, main and dessert), draught soft drinks and the above-mentioned coach transport. The meal will be at 6pm on Saturday evening and full details can be found in daisyd's thread on the UKPC forum. Tickets are strictly limited and are not expected to last all that long – after all, they certainly can't fit 800 people in F&B! ;)

For myself? The meal isn't something I've gone for in past years, and I probably won't this year either – though knowing me, by the time I decide the tickets will be sold out anyway! I tend not to be all that hungry on Saturday evening, and in any case I had a huge meal with the Worcester ponymeet people just a few days ago. Still, if the thought appeals to you, get buying those tickets!

No comments:

Post a Comment