Saturday 17 February 2018

Hour-long FiM special coming next winter!

This tweet from the hugely well-informed Sebastiàn Cordova (aka @Chevistian1) got my interest last night! It seems that after the regular S8 is done, there'll be a Holiday Special entitled "The Best Gift Ever". Yes, interestingly familiar episode name, isn't it? I wonder if there'll be a callback, perhaps involving Blueblood finally getting another speaking part and making a total idiot of himself again. I'd enjoy that. I do wonder how a festive ep can surpass "A Hearth's Warming Tail", though.

On a more general note, my reaction to the totally unexpected news confirmed how much I really do still like FiM. I was very, very happy at the thought of more – I assume it will be 44 minutes of actual Pony, with the rest ad breaks – before S9 happens. (If it happens. I know the indications are that it will, but it's a long way off yet.) One thing does come to mind: will the special have an episode number? This matters, as if we do reach S9, the answer to that question will determine which is episode 200.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, interesting. Thanks for the heads-up!

    Agreed that it'll be a tough act to top 'Hearth's Warming Tail'. The title is intriguing though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a few details on EqD about the plot. I won't give those here, but I will say that it looks like taking a very different direction.

      Delete
  2. I had pretty much the opposite reaction to reading this post, so make of that what you will. >.>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't surprise me, given what you've already written about S8. :P

      Delete